Tuesday 21 February 2012

LO: 2

Market research

Generate Ideas: Mindmap
Idea #1 To prodcue a advert for my chosen product 'makeup'. My advert will include bold and big bright text, colours etc. The advert will be heavily inspired by Examples video 'kickstarts'. It will show several clips of peoples faces, upper body , legs and shoes. I will need to consider all the aspects when making this video. REF. Example - kickstarts http://youtube.co/watch?v=T9yGcKlYAiw&ob=av3e Idea #2 For this idea i'll be producing advert following the story of a group of teenage girls. age of 16- 19. My product for this idea is 'nail varnish'. In this idea the girls nails will change colour whenever shes in a different mood, for example if shes in love her nails will turn red. The advert will be funny, unrealistic but very persuasive. Idea #3 For my final idea i will be advertising 'perfume'. This advert is inspired by 'lynx' however this will have a twist. A girl will spray some perfume and then everyone falls inlove with the scent and follows her. These people will include, skateboaders, people in cars, dogs, and finally people in celebrity masks. Pre Production
 Script
Script
View more documents from AnnieRose95.
 location release forms
Research issues and needs   Making sure my advertisment is suitable for the target audience is vital as it Standard Occupational Classfication My advertisment will fall into the following categories;  B, C, C1, D. My product will be advertised to average workers. The product itself is good value for money and is affordable.
Psychographics
In the fields of marketingdemographics, opinion research, and social research in general, psychographic variables are any attributes relating to personality, values, attitudes, interests, or lifestyles. They are also called IAO variables (for Interests, Activities, and Opinions). They can be contrasted with demographic variables (such as age and gender), behavioral variables (such as usage rate or loyalty), and firmographic variables (such as industry, seniority and functional area).
My product is something women can wear everyday. People who wear makeup daily tend to be more confident and out spoken where as people who dont wear makeup usually hide behind people and arent as loud and comfortable as women who wear makeup.
My product would channel in the high innovators, thinkers, achcievers, and finally experiences.
My advertisment is targeted to women around the age of 13 - 45. I have chosen a wide age range because I didn't want to loose buyers by focoursing and singiling out an age group. I think this will be effect as it will spread the fan base of the product. Elder women can recomend it to their elder friends, and the younger generation also.
Channels my advertisment will be shown on
BBC1
BBC2
ITV
Channel 4
My TV advertisment will more or less be shown on every channel available. Most beauty tv adverts are shown during anytime of the day and are played constanty throughout the whole day.
It is essential that my TV advertisment is shown on all of the above channels as people who aren't familiar to Sky, will most definitely own these channels.
Through the use of the internet I have researched that the bigger and more successful the advert is shown on, the more likely the public will relate and take an interest in it.
My research has shown that beauty product ads do not have a particular time of the day when they are shown. They are shown all day round varying channels.
I would specifficaly like my advert to be shown during the popular reality hit Tv shows such as 'The X Factor', 'Dancing On Ice', 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' purely because most families / friends watch it when they're all together. People who are sat around watching tv programmes that particulary interest them or give them the full entertainment they're after will pay more attention to the tv adverts than they would if it was any other tv programme showing.
Sky channels (e.g. Living, Comedy central, MTV, E4,
It will be shown on all the Sky channels as Sky is the most popular and well successful tv network.
To make sure my  advert works I must, at the very least, carry a “coherent message” so viewers understand what I'm offering. The production must portray the correct “brand values” for whatever market or audience I'm  trying to target.  
Investigate legal and ethical considerations 
Form

realist narrative /  talking heads / stand
alone
Style
humorous / parodic
codes and conventions
Camera angles:
Eye level - so the audience can picture themselves as if they were there.
Low / High angle to represent power.
Camera shots:
a wide variety of ECU's, MS, LS.
 iconography:  
The logo sign 'Barry M' will be shown on several objects.
The theme of spring/ summer will be presented by all the pastel colours during the advert.
editing:
Fast paced editing that is suitable for the music produced by my peer.
lighting:
Bright lighting to form a shadow, it will also make my advertisment look more professional as i'm using the right resources.
sound:
I will need to incorperate sounds effects (SFX) to make the advert more realistic.
 music:
Up beat music to entertain the audience. Heavily inspired by Yolanda be cool - We speak no americano.
Computer graphics
Special effects (SFX)
Techniques
 solution to a problem; My product will come across as a solution to any teenage problem they may have. It will also come across more as a social 'must have'.
self-perception; The way my actors/ actress' portray themseleves will be the way people will feel if they buy my product. It's how much emotion my actors show or make the audience feel by persuasive body language.
Characteristics of products or services
advantages over other similar products; Targeted at a speciffic age group.  It's strictly for summer time so the public may think they should buy it while they can in the summer as it may not be available during any other season.

unique selling proposition (USP); The brand identity is hugely successful. The public are already familiar with the company name, therefore it's easier to directly advertise it to people who like to buy Barry M than it is to sell to people who have no idea about Barry M as a brand.


brand identity; Barry M
Regulation
Advertising Standards Authority (ASA); Ofcom
Develop final ideas into a proposal  As part of this project is to be able to take on and produce an advisement it is also to be able to take criticism, instructions and direct well. I will be working with my class mate Elliot who will be making the music for my advert. I can tall him everything I would like my advert to include (realistically). I will them be making the music fr Elliot's advert also. These are a few examples of what I would like my advertisement to sound like, this will give Elliot a much clearer view and should hopefully make it easier for him. would like my advertisment to be heavily inspired by the following ideas that came to mind;
I like this song not because of it's popularity but it's also got that 'dance' feel to it. 
It's quite a happy song and it's catchy. I personally don't think that it matters if the song has no relevance to the footage being played at the same time, as long as the footage interesting and eye catching, although this is a very popular song and a lot of people may recognize this from other media fields such as the new 'Inbetweeners' film. I don't think I would want the audience to compare my advert with the film 'inbetweeners'. 
I like this instrumental by Dizzie rascal as I love the beat to it. It's basic loud and memorable. It would also make the job easier for Elliot to make. The beat is repetitive and funky. I came across this 1950's cosmetics commmerical whilst doing some reseach online. I liked this advert in particular as the music at the beginning music sounds nothing like the music most women listen to today. By adding the beginning music bit to my advert it would bring back originality and would most definitely stand out from it's competitiors. I thought this song would be perfect for my partner Elliot, I did more research on the artist and this was by far his best song. I really liked it and could picture it for my advert! This is an extremely well known song. It is used in a lot of advertisement fields along with films. However this is a cover remix therefore it is different in some way! I prefer this to the original and I think it'll bring that edge to my advert instead of following the crowd of mainstream music. After a long hard think, I realized that this is nothing how I would like my advert to sound. I noticed this when I looked back at my storyboard and pictured it in my head. The songs are too comparable and wouldn't necessarily fit to how I imagined it. Not only am I changing the sound of my advert but also the narrative. Therefore I will need to re do the pre production and planning. I've cut down the song choice for my advert I like the way this sounds, but as I have finialised my idea as a 'summer' advert this didn't feel very summery to me at all. I did some more research and loved this song! I as a ( director) have nicely asked Elliot to design the song for my advert like this;

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading and liked this blog so much. Truly informative and well-designed blog.
    Ad Film Production House in Indore

    ReplyDelete